Saturday, April 28, 2012

Keep on Keepin' On

Well....

The goal is to blog 10 times in 30 days.. this is my second post in 10 days.. at this rate... I'll post 3 blogs in a month.... Ah well... I guess a goal is supposed to make you reach and stretch and grow... whether or not you have accomplished that goal is irrelevant at the end, the important thing is that you grew... right?

Anyway.. I don't feel like much has happened in 10 days... nothing important that I remember anyway...
Work has been a challenge for me lately... I'm struggling to make tasks for myself and find my self hmming and hawing about what I need to do... I'm working on that, but it just feels like... well... like I don't really know what to do... that is pretty weird to say... especially in my position. But I think I'm ready for a change... I don't know what that means for me though... Does it mean I need a change of scene? Do I need to move away from this negative town? I say negative because there are tons of elderly people in this community and it begins to wear down on you after some time... The elderly have a sense of entitlement around here and the energy is OLD... which is kind of funny though since I've seen on many occasions, men and women (indoors) wearing fancy new designer sunglasses... which just makes me roll my eyes... I guess it seems... even Senior citizens can wear things that make them look.... hmmm... prick-like...?

I try my best to see them as children of God... just like myself... with their own personalities and such... but with the (again) sense of entitlement attitude... it's hard to see past that and be friendly...

People here seem to never smile, or have a sense of humor... I guess that comes from... well... ya know, I don't really know what that comes from..? It's quite annoying to me though... Maybe I joke around too much, but recently I've been watching YouTube videos of this show called: Just for laughs- Gags... it's a hidden camera show where they pull pranks on the unsuspecting... and... its really quite fun! The people who get pranked always have a good laugh and big smiles on the show... that being said... I'm not one to pull elaborate pranks off by myself... no doubt I would LOVE to do that and have fun, but... I just never really did anything like that... but from time to time I like to mess with people... just for a laugh... for instance. I had a root canal done a couple of weeks ago and afterward I went to get a shake from Jack in the Box. I went through the drive thru and ordered my shake. My shake was handed to me in exchange for my payment (card). The shake looked great, with whip cream on top and a cherry placed on top of that... I quickly took the cherry and bit off the fruit from the stem... while enjoying it I decided to "mess" with the cashier who was handing me my receipt and card back... I held out my stem and said.. I only got a stem but no cherry...... she asked... Really??... Naw, just kidding... (Now...I thought they would smile and maybe laugh because they were younger than me... perhaps more carefree and fun... and would appreciate a break in the monotony) Oh... she said flatly and kind of rolled her eyes and looked annoyed and closed the window...

Wow....I guess people just don't like to have fun... I guess maybe I joke around too much... I don't really know.... Anyway... annoying...

Anyway... I know I'm ready to move back to TX.... I'm tired of this place.... the scenery is beautiful... however, It doesn't make me as happy as TX does when it comes to good ol' Southern Hospitality and friendliness.... Well... thats all for today.... enough of a vent.... I need to write more...

someone.... keep me on track.. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment